Translate

Friday, March 17, 2017

Calling All Sistahs! It's March 17th!

Calling All Sistahs!

It's the 17th of the month and I'm here to remind you!!
It's all about that early detection!
Please do your self breast exam and schedule your mammogram if you're due for it.


Before we start our Sistahood hop
I want to share with you the letter I received recently from NBCF.org
It made me super happy and even though it's addressed to me,
it's really meant for all of you.


Hi Michele,

I hope you're having a great day!

I have some exciting news to share with you...

We have hit ONE MILLION...as in we have provided one million breast cancer early detection screenings and patient navigation services to those in need. That's one million times that:
  • someone who needed a mammogram, but couldn't afford one, was able to get the screenings needed to help detect her breast cancer earlier or even just give her peace of mind;
  • a patient who didn't know where to turn received guidance, a hand to hold, and help in understanding the next steps in her treatment plan;
  • a woman was provided access to critical resources like transportation vouchers, language translation services, and more...so that she could focus on holding onto hope while facing breast cancer.
And we did this thanks to supporters like you. We are grateful to have been a part of giving vital help and real hope to the women who received these services, but YOU helped us get there. NBCF has been around for 25 years and we're just getting started. We hope to provide the next one million services even faster...but big numbers only tell part of the story. The lives changed are the real reason we are committed to helping people through every step of their breast cancer journeys.

Thanks for helping us hit this one million mark. We look forward to partnering with you to help us hit the next one million.

With appreciation,

Candice Boeck
Donor Relations Manager
National Breast Cancer Foundation



1 million.


That
is
freaking
amazing!

Every single of one of you who have purchased a set from the

has helped to make this happen.
I donate 50% of the profits from each set sold to NBCF.org

http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/

and I'm so happy to do it.
Every little bit helps
and I want you to always remember that
it's far worse to do nothing because you thought you could only do a little.
I knew when I started this that I could only do a little but I believed that little would really matter.
Our little, combined with lots and lots of other littles, has made a really big difference!

1,000,000!!

On that happy note, let's start the hop!
I'm joined today by my Girl Friday Ink Squad Team
and a few amazing friends from blogland who are here to help spread the word about
the importance of early detection and taking care of ourselves.
We hail not only coast to coast in the US,
but also Canada, Germany,  India, New Zealand, UK, and more!
We may be thousands of miles apart but we are all sistahs.
Your sistahs!
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps <You are Here
MelissaMiller <Next stop!

Please leave some love along the way.
I'll be giving a few prizes to random comments.

I would LOVE to have your blog be a stop on our next hop.
Please join our Calling All Sistahs Facebook group  for more info


I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)



17 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow!! One Million ~ that is so AWESOME!! This is such a great way to remind all our SISTAHS to check themselves!! Thank you for doing this fun monthly reminder Blog Hop! All the cards made for today's hop are gorgeous and filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1,ooo,ooo is a freakin' amazing number of women helped!!! You have done so much, Michele. Thank you for giving all of us a way to help too in this fight against breast cancer!!! Love ya, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! That's amazing, Michele!!! As Lori and Heather both said, thanks so much for giving us all such a great way to help spread the word each month via this blog hop!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. One mil... amazing!
    Happy to say I had my annual mammogram screening earlier this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous milestone
    and wonderful inspiration
    for everyone! Happy
    St. Patrick's Day.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is freaking amazing, what a great milestone. I am so happy to be a small part of this wonderful hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Michelle. I got my mammogram results today after mammogram on Tues. No cancer.... but I'll still be doing my self exams - thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful program. Thanks Michelle for having the program to remind us all of self exams or mammograms. I'll make my appointment Monday, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the 1 millionth! So glad you started this Michelle and I'm honoured to be part of this reminder every month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing. I have quite a few friends and family that have been affected by Breast Cancer. What a great cause to support. May next year be even better in terms of help provided and awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic!! Imagine all the women helped, and maybe even saved from this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the reminder and the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing!! I beat breast cancer twice! THanks for calling attention to this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the wake up call and the fun hop:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this reminder. . .I know so many women who are dealing with this in various stages. I make this hop for them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for all you do! I am Honored to participate each month.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!